Friday, October 21, 2011

The Solomon Bandstand


In looking up my records of Facetious I found this:
UPDATE:
The Solomon Bandstand (in Bantering Park).  The Solomon family has recently donated to the town of Facetious a bandstand for the park.   The design by Solled A. Brick (of Merebrick) is based on something he saw when in England (from Christiane Berridge’s book).   A brass quartet plays there on weekends.
I am hard at work on this bandstand and have a few pictures to share.  I have three brass instruments but will need a fourth in order to have that quartet.   I see no reason why a string quartet also can't play on occasion but such a group will have to be formed and primarily - instruments will have to be bought.   Ah, The Facetious String Quartet!    It is placed on green stuff but that is not Bantering Park.  I was just trying to get a feel for how it would look on greenery.


 Painting the gold on is very tedious but looks wonderful when done.
Hmmmm....it could be a brass and wind quartet and have a flute for the fourth instrument.  I'm going to have to look up what pieces I expect to hear and what instruments are required for them.  Ought to have music playing somehow, like a music box and maybe even LIGHTS!




No comments:

Post a Comment