Monday, December 17, 2012

I've been busy

 I got the bedrooms papered for a start.  I don't have an overall picture of the edifice yet but I was going for a certain balance of colors and patterns in the rooms.
  
I plunked down beds in the rooms which may or may not be there when they are "done" - whenever that will be, if ever.

I can't believe how smoothly it all went but maybe it's because I spent an awful long time picking what papers were going to go where.

Ten interior doors are necessary to continue work on these bedrooms and I am hoping to order them all today.  There is still a LOT of work to do on the halls which won't be seen much but I am doing them up to make myself happy about it.  The dado will be painted a dull brown over the shiny nonsense on the paper and floors have to be added as well as doors and a picture or two so they can be "glimpsed" from the doors.


 The green washstand goes with the green bed just as I planned.






Where the ladder is will be a hall with light green striped wallpaper (and a frieze), a staircase and a bathroom behind the door.  A bedroom is above the hall.









And to the right of this set of 6 bedrooms will be this bit with a tower room yet to be built on top.


 The slanted bit on the left upstairs is the underside of the stairs leading to the tower room. 












No comments:

Post a Comment