Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mini-Picture Framed

There has been a lot of progress on the "big house" as I call it sometimes.   But the last thing done yesterday was framing up this mini-picture.  I got it from my Victorian Trading Post catalog.   I cut it out, glued it to 1/8" thick matboard.   I then used chair railing for the frame and mitered the corners using an X-Acto.   That was the worst part, getting it all to fit.  Then I painted the pieces with Glossy Back acrylic paint.  
I used a bit of the plastic from a mini-door pack for glass and then glued the frame around the painting. 
Here it is perched on my chair with my messy workstation in the background.
And below it is where I meant to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment